Saturday, December 23, 2006

MY On the Job Training

This was my 1st OJT experience in Seletar Airport. Just our 2nd week in the hangar and i'm learning picking up as much as i can. Besides working there is also lots of fun hanging besides a B737, A320, A321.. narrow body, small planes!

My first task was working on a B737-800. I was attached to the cargo compartment. Oh really hot stuff working inside the small and cramp area! But i took it as a training and worked hard. I did enjoyed myself working with my colleague Eugene and 2 senior from China & Taiwan. They are both experienced technicians who've worked for quite some time on planes.

On Wednesday, all the work has been completed ahead of schedule, the plane was towed out onto the apron, doing pre-flight checks, awaiting for departure to its new destination. When i looked at the clean and well maintained aircraft, I felt a sense of acheivement! Proud that i'm part of the team, all the hardwork is worth it. Into the blue skies! =)

Before i went the OJT, i kept thinking.. will the people there be willing to share their knowledge/skills and teach us?? i got the answer.. the people at the hangar were very friendly and willing to impart us the knowledge & skills. Though its hard work, long working hours, harsh condition, a bit of dangers here and dere, got to be careful.. I'm happy working with the big birds of the skies.

No comments: